1. What will the fall-out be from the full implementation of the America Invents Act?
2. What will be the impact of the First-Inventor-to-File rules being implemented in March?
3. Will the Federal Circuit and the Supreme Court ever get on the same page when it comes to a §101 standard?
4. What is the future of software and business method patents?
5. Will the US Supreme Court strike down gene patents?
6. Who will be the next Director of the US Patent & Trademark Office?
7. Will there be peace in the Smart Phone Wars or has another offensive just begun?
8. Will Congress grant IP protection for the fashion industry?
9. Will we continue to see an increase in patent litigation by NPEs?
10. Will we see more $1,000,000,000+ damage awards in patent litigation cases?
I’m not sure we’ll have definitive answers to all of these questions prior to the end of the year, but the potential for the US Courts to significantly change patent law in this country is great.
So what do you think? Do you think software patents are history? Do you see peace in the Smart Phone Wars on the horizon? Share your thoughts and some questions that I haven’t mentioned in the comments below.